T-34 TANK
HISTORY MUSEUM
State budgetary institution of culture of Moscow
Moscow region, Mytishchi district, p/o Marfino, village Sholokhovo, house 89A,
Feedback
Main / Program / T-70M SOVIET LIGHT TANK ON DISPLAY IN THE MUSEUM

T-70M SOVIET LIGHT TANK ON DISPLAY IN THE MUSEUM

T-70M SOVIET LIGHT TANK ON DISPLAY IN THE MUSEUM
Т-70  was developed in October and November 1941 by Gorky Automobile Plant under the guidance of N. Astrov.
In January 1942 the tank had been introduced into service in the Workers’ and Peasants’ Red Army and the serial production of the tank was initiated at several plants (T-70 and N-70M).
Since 1942 Т-70 had been intensively used in the battles. The Battle of Kursk (1943) was the highlight of its war service.
Production of Т-70 and T-70M lasted until October 1943. More than 8,000 vehicles were released making T-70 and N-70M rank second in the numbers of tanks produced for the Red Army in 1941–1945.
Its production ended with the start of the production of SU-76 self-propelled gun on Т-70 platform.
T-70 and T-70M was withdrawn from service soon after the end of the Great Patriotic War.
Replica of Т-70M tank with more than 80% of original parts was made by S. Chibineyev’s Military Restoration Workshop located in the town of Pushkino, Moscow Region will be on a free-of-charge display in our Museum.